Country Matters Hexton

News from Country Matters Hexton, a shop in Hertfordshire

Powered by Blogger.

Bread - in a bread machine - Recipe



We regularly stock Allinsons breadflour and yeast, making bread in a bread machine is so easy.  Maybe you have one tucked away in a cupboard and have forgotten about it?  Now is the time to get it out and give it another go, using this foolproof method.

I normally dust with flour and forgot before I put it in the oven.
Visit our Facebook page and 'like us' Hexton Country Matters



You can start with a really simple recipe like this one on the BBC website Easy white bread

500g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp salt
7g sachet fast-action yeast
3 tbsp olive oil - Rapeseed is good too, so I use that also local and in the shop
300ml water

Here is what I do, add water and oil, then the flour then salt and yeast.  Choose your dough setting.




When the machine beeps - mine is 1 and a half hours, take out of the machine, remove from tin, and then form into a elongated ball, and put in a 2lb loaf tin.

Allow it to rise in a warm place for about 25 mins and then stick on oven for 25 mins at around 200c


Yes, I know you can use the machine to bake the bread, but I personally do not like the shape, and get annoyed and digging out the paddle.  This is slightly more effort, but really not that much more.  And also I can make a 2lb loaf in my smaller machine....

One other things that I have learnt is for any bread mix that has stuck to the side of the bread machine tin, I leave it to dry and wipe off with a tea towel.

My brother dusts his with cornmeal - I really must get some, but have not been able to find it on the supermarket shelves.


No comments